Healthy Breakfast Cookies
Updated: Apr 5, 2020
What are your breakfast goals? Is it a healthy on the go breakfast that can be made ahead of time? Then rest assured these breakfast cookies are perfect for you. Filled with delicious and nutritious ingredients such as apples, grapes, walnuts and zucchini. They're high in protein, vitamin C, A and E.
1 C Oats
1/2 C Zucchini roughly chopped
1 C Apples roughly chopped
1/2 C Seedless grapes sliced
1/4 C Dates pressed or chopped
1/4 C Unsweetened Peanut butter (or any other nut or seed butter)
1/3 C Walnuts (or any other nuts you prefer)
1/2 C Desiccated Coconut (dried unsweetened coconut flakes)
1 tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°f
2. Place all ingredients excluding the oats and baking powder in a food processor. Blend or pile until combine. Leaving a few tiny pieces of fruit for texture.
3. Transfer to bowl and fold in oats and baking powder until combined.
4. Let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Grease a baking tray or line with parchment or cookie sheet. .
6. Spoon batter (approximately 2 Tbl each) onto tray leaving an inch apart .
7. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Enjoy fresh out the oven or cool and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Turn these cookies into cookie sandwiches filling them with peanut butter. Or melted chocolate for a sweeter treat.
When you make this recipe, share on social media and tag @youthful_vegan so I can see! Use the hashtags #YVpickyeaterscollection and #YVbreakfastcookies in your post!