Updated: May 19
This quick curry is super delicious and nutritious. They're lots of hidden veggies in there to ensure picky eaters are eating a variety of vegetables. After you see how easy this comforting curry is to make you'll be adding it to your weekday menu.
Yield 4 - 6 servings
2 Cans chickpeas drained and rinsed.
1 C Christophine (Chayote squash) roughly chopped Note: this can be substituted with zucchini
1 C Pumpkin cubed
2 Tomatoes (medium sized) roughly chopped
1/2 C Okra sliced
3 Pimentos roughly chopped
1 C Onion roughly chopped
3 Tbl Curry powder
1 tsp Turmeric
1 Tbl Garam masala
2 tsp salt
2 Tbl Coconut oil
1. Add oil to a sauce pan on medium heat.
2. Add onions, pimentos, turmeric and curry powder. Stir to combine.
3. Cook for 2 mins making sure not to burn the curry.
4. Add garlic and tomatoes. Stir for another minute.
5. Add christophine, pumpkin, okra and 1 cup water. Stir, cover and let simmer for approximately 8-10 minutes.
6. Remove cover and add Garam masala and salt. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
7. Transfer to food processor and blend until smooth or preferred consistency.
8. Return pureed ingredients to sauce pan. Turn to medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Add chickpeas, stir to combine and simmer for another 5 - 8 minutes.
10. Remove from heat and serve with rice, quinoa or roti.