Updated: May 18, 2020
People pleasing and perfect for snacking!
Stuffed potatoes are a comfort food for many. It can be filled with all of your favourite potato toppings for an indulgent snack.
Have a pop at my Mexican themed stuffed potatoes. They're filled with nacho cheese and minced "meat", created from mushrooms, walnuts and broccoli. You can enjoy them on their own or load them up with your favourite nacho fixings.
Yield 14 halved potatoes
8 Potatoes (halved and baked)
1 C Lentils or Black beans
1 C Broccoli florets
1 C chopped mushrooms
1/2 c Walnuts
2 tsp minced garlic or 2-3 garlic cloves
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp geera (cumin)
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbl tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
2 Tbl oil
Method 1. Excluding your lentils or black beans add all other ingredients to a food processor and pulse until minced. Add the lentils and pulse twice or three times more.
2. Heat a pan with the oil and add the minced "meat" mix. Cook on medium heat for approximately 5 to 8 minutes stirring every 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and crispy edges are formed.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
2 Tbl oil
2 tsp spicy brown mustard
3 Tbl Non dairy milk
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
2. Scoop the centers out of your baked potatoes in a bowl and add all ingredients and mash .
3. Fold in your minced "meat" in the mashed potatoes and refill your potatoes with this filling and top with cheese.
4. Bake for 20 mins until cheese is bubbly. Fix with your favourite nacho fixings and indulge.
1 C Non dairy milk
3 Tbl Nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp Turmeric
2 tsp corn starch
1 tsp apple cider
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Paprika
2 tsp fresh or dried parsley and chive or basil
1. Add all ingredients to a pot, whisk until combined and smooth. Turn stove on to medium heat and cook until it begins mixture begins to bubble.
2. Reduce to medium low heat and stir frequently until it thickens resembling a cheese sauce. Remove from heat, top potatoes and follow baking instructions above.