Updated: May 19, 2020
🎉Happy Mother's Day- “Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.” —Kahil Gibran💗
For Mother's Day Breakfast 🍽I made an 👌🏼epic Middle Eastern Vegan Frittata🥘 served with sumac 🥒cucumbers & mayo, a🥭 fruit plate and🍪 oatmeal cookies. I got to enjoy this scrumptious breakfast spread in the garden🌺. See 👇🏼below for the recipe!
I hope your heart ❤is filled with love and joy today!
Mushroom & Tomato Filling
• 1 c Tomato diced • 1 c Mushrooms • 1 Garlic clove diced • 1 tbl Basil or Parsley roughly chopped • 1/2 tsp Garlic powder • 1/2 tsp Paprika • 1/2 tsp Sumac • 2 tsp Coconut Oil @cgacaribbean
1. Add oil to a pan and heat on medium low, then add the garlic and stir until fragrant.
2. Quickly toss in the tomatoes and basil, stir and cook for a few seconds then add the mushrooms, garlic powder, paprika and sumac.
3. Cook for a 2 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked then remove from heat and sprinkle with salt.
• 1 Pack lite firm Silken Tofu • 1 tbl Almond Milk • 1 tbl Tahini • 1 tbl Corn Starch • 1 tbl Nutritional Yeast • 1 tsp Onion Powder • 1/2 tsp turmeric • 1 tsp Black salt (kala namak), optional- it's a salt that's high in sulfur, giving it an "eggy" taste • 1/2 tsp Salt • Cracked Black pepper to taste • 1/4 tsp Sumac • 1-2 tsp Coconut Oil @cgacaribbean
1. Preheat oven to 350°f.
2. Blend tofu, tahini, corn starch, onion powder in a blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Heat a pan with coconut oil, pour in the tofu mixture, spread and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
4. Add the cooked basil mushrooms and tomatoes and fold into the creamy tofu mixture. Cook for another minute.
5. Lightly grease an oven safe ramekin or baking dish with coconut oil, pour in your tofu frittata batter and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy edges are formed.
6. Remove from oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
Sumac, Cucumber & Parsley Mayo
• 1/4 C Mayo • 1 Cucumber diced • 1 tsp Lemon Juice • 1/4 tsp Salt • 1/4 tsp Sumac • 1 tsp Parsley • Drizzle agave
1. Combine all ingredients and serve.