Updated: May 19, 2020
TGIF! Time to treat yourself to a decadent and delicious breakfast.
You can turn your leftover bread into French toast. I used my banana bread (See recipe here: www.theyouthfulvegan.com/post/banana-bread) to toast for warm crusty slices that were gooey in the center. With caramelized apple to top them off.
Variation below for using alternative bread.
Yield 2 Servings
6 slices Banana bread
3 Tbl vegan butter or coocnut oil
1. Refrigerate your banana bread before using.
2. Cut the bread into thick 1 1/2 inch slices. 3. Coat your griddle or pan with 1 Tbl vegan butter or oil.
4. Add 3 slices of banana bread and toast until golden brown and crispy on edges. Evenly on each side.
5. Flip, plate and drizzle with your favourite syrup.
Recipe variation: If you don't have banana bread on hand. Use the recipe below for simple french toast using any leftover bread you have.
6 Slices wholesome bread
3 Tbl vegan butter or coconut oil
2 Bananas (frozen or fresh)
3/4 C Non dairy milk of choice
2 tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Blend all batter ingredients in a food processor or blender .
2. Pour into a deep flat dish.
3. Dunk bread in the batter. Evenly coating each side for a few seconds.
4. Heat 1 Tbl butter or oil to pan or griddle.
5. Place your battered bread on medium heated pan for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Plate and serve with your favourite syrup.